Friday, September 16, 2011

Foodie Friday: It's All About the Rodeo

Tomorrow myself and a few friends will be heading to the Seattle Mobile Food Truck Rodeo.   There have been a couple of very helpful articles written by the Rodeo and also SeattleFoodTruck.com.  I wanted to put them up here to make it easier to find all the links and then give my top picks for the Rodeo that I am going to make sure and get a taste of.  


Helpful Tips For Newbies to Mobile Food Truck Festivals


This article is a great starter for those of us who have never been to one of these.  Because I am coming with 6 families, I am hoping we can divide and conquer.  The real test for the organizers for the Rodeo will be making sure there is just the right amount of entertainment to aid standing in line, without being overly entertaining, taking away from the food.  


After reading that article, you'll want to take a look at the great articles from SeattleFoodTruck.com that goes into a small description of each truck that will be at the Rodeo.   I've listed them below with my top places I'm going to make sure I visit while at the Rodeo.   I'll also link to each truck at the bottom if they have a webpage. 

Skillet; Maximus/Minimus; Where Ya At; Fusion on the Run; Happy Grillmore

Charlie's Buns N' Stuff; Kaosamai Thai Cook Truck; El Camion; Street Treats; Robb's Really Good Food

Curry Now; Lumpia World; Molly Moon; Tacos El Campesino; Slice Brick Oven

Bistro Box; Bigfood Mobile; Buns; Leroy's Familiar Vittles

I'll be stopping by Maximus/Minimus; Where Ya At; Molly Moon; Street Treats & Bigfood Mobile for sure.  


I've eaten a ton at The Bistro Box and will probably make a stop there to say hello and support Barb and Co.  My boys and I have had a taste of what they are making for the Rodeo, special privileges because my boys are huge foodies and Barb loves them.  I highly recommend you make the stop at The Bistro Box...the sliders they are serving for the Rodeo are insanely delicious.  


I have also eaten at Fusion on the Run.  Cassandra and Co. are extremely nice and their braised meat sandwiches are fantastic.  


I hope to see you out there.  If you want to carpool in with my caravan, drop me an email at smcbee at mcbeeadvisors dot com.   Yes, I used the term caravan for a rodeo...


Truck Names and Info: 


Skillet
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Maximus/Minimus
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Where Ya At
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Fusion on the Run
Web 
Twitter
Facebook
Happy Grillmore
Web
Twitter
Facebook

Charlie's Buns N' Stuff
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Kaosamai Thai Cook Truck
Web
Twitter



El Camion
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Street Treats
Web
Twitter
Facebook



Robb's Really Good Food
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Curry Now
Web
Twitter
Facebook



Lumpia World
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Tacos El Campesino
No info on web that I can find.  

Slice Brick Oven Pizza
Web
Facebook



The Bistro Box
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Veraci Pizza
Web 
Twitter


Bigfood Mobile
Web
Twitter
Facebook



Buns
Web
Twitter
Facebook


Leroy's Familiar Vittles 
No web info that I can find

No comments:

Post a Comment